The internet has made it allot easier to find tradesmen in your local area. This enables you to get the best value fire surround for money, as you can source goods direct from factories (such as us) and also avoid paying showroom premiums on the installation service. Many people will already know a local Gas installer or electrician in your local area. However, if you do not already have someone in mind, then the following list of governing bodies for installation of gas, electric and solid fuel will be useful. Gas Safe Register: The Gas Safe Register replaced Corgi as the official approved gas fire installers (Gas safety) on 1 April 2009. By Law all installers must be on the Gas Safe Register to carry out related work in the United Kingdom. The website is very easy to use and quickly gives you a list of local installers in your area. Corgi: As mentioned previously, Corgi used to be official register prior to 1 April 2009. HETAS: is a body that covers guidance on the installation of solid fuel (burning logs and coal). If you will be using solid fuel then it is worth while finding a local HETAS engineer as they can “self certify” the work carried out. The alternative is to apply to your local councils Building Control Department and pay the appropriate fee for certification. The NICEIC is the independent voluntary body that covers the electrical contracting industry. The NICEIC is an independent voluntary body (unlike the Gas Safe Register or HETAS) for electrical installation matters throughout the UK.